Monday 27 June 2011

The importance of being you

I am starting my new business. I am very excited and scared about this new venture.
This is a time of doubt, research and hard work. I don't know much about what makes some styles trendier than others.
In my view beauty lies in the eyes of each and everyone of us. I do not belong to any style or community or one way of thinking. I was raised on two different continents and I draw my style from various cultures.  I am inspired by anything and everything that crosses my path.

The lord have tremendously bless me, for I come from very far and I believe I am heading to amazing places.
Hunger is the most amazing motivation there is as I will not stop until I am fulfilled.
What can I possibly bring to an industry already filled with talented event designer and planner. Do brides really need another planner ? Probably not. Do they need fresher ideas? always.

Vintage is a strong Uk trend. And I can see why as fashion always come back.
But I for one dream of innovative, unique, original ways to use basic style. I've always liked  to approach things from a different angle in order to refresh an existing item.

I think a true designer never stop exploring and discovering through their clients. It is their taste that stretches our imagination. My dream client would be someone who dares to be different yet elegant and refine.

What do I have to offer potential clients, besides my drive and desire to touch their heart with exquisite events.

I have faith in my creativity, my passion for art, from fashion to interior design. I strongly believe that there are things that no books can teach you when it comes to style. Learning and practical experience will only complement your existing skills.


Through my research I have noticed trends, ways of doing things. How do I fit in in all this?
Shall I simply join in or do I dare to be me?


You've guessed right, I hate following people, as much as I love to learn from others I believe in being you.

There is no point in joining the crowd unless you'll bring something new to the table.

So there you have it, when planning your event, or dressing up in the morning remember to stay true to who you are.

Have you discovered who you are yet? Do you own your style? I would like to hear  your opinion on the matter. All comments are welcome.

Love.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment