Wednesday 12 October 2011

A french wedding shoot to remember.


I am working on a very fascinating shoot which took me to Paris. I have always had a very weird relationship with this city. On one hand I absolutely heart the architecture, the fashion and the cuisine and on the other hand I find the parisians difficult to handle at time.

From the moment I stepped out of the eurostar, I've been running to make the most of the little time I have in Paris. I had a few errands to run in preparation of the shoot.


My first stop was at Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre to collect the dress, a famous Vera Wang wedding dress. A strapless drop waist ballgown with Lyon and Chantilly lace and layered tulle skirt. It is a custom-designed bridal gown worn by Kate Hudson in the movie Bride Wars.


Rue rivoli in Paris is very touristic, rushing through the shoppers I made it to the bridal boutique. A fashionable stop if you are ever in Paris in search of The Dress.  Metal flaque located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris hold an impressive collection of designers from around the globe: Oscar De La Renta, Monique Lhuillier, Vera Wang etc... and accessories fit for a princess. The decor is elegant and the staff super friendly. I browsed through their collection with excitement and a smile stuck on my lips.

And the icing on the cake was meeting the model for the shoot Melissa, an american bride to be living in Paris and author of a successful blog. She was as I had imagined her, as beautiful on the outside as on the inside. And the dress on her; I have to say looked stunning. Once satisfied with my first appointment of the day I moved on to accessories shopping in the city.

Riding the "metro" requires some skills: Be prepared to be push into the train, step on and mind your belongings. I left the beautiful musée du Louvre for a less glamourous destination "Barbés" I would not recommend visiting Barbés when you are in Paris, there is nothing to see there and the shops sell the cheapest quality you will ever find. However when looking for cheap wedding accessories this is a must stop for brides on the budget. Some accessories like parasols, favors... which I needed for the shoot can be found there.



After a mere 20 minutes in Barbés, I left with my pretty items and headed off to a nicer part of town the 6th arrondissement of Paris to Synie's cupcakes. As I push the doors to Synie's boutique I instantly loved it. The pink, purple, black mix of colours instantly seduced me. Then my eyes landed on the counter display of cupcakes in many colours and flavours. The shop has a girlie feel and seems ideal for bridal parties, baby showers.... or a simple get together girls afternoon. They serve a variety of cupcakes and they simply melt in your mouth. Synie kindly made some cupcakes inspired by Marie Antoinette.



Now I have to tell you about Frédérique, my favourite stylist ever, she is very passionate about decorations, and it shows in her work. She made the bride's bouquet for the shoot and the invitation to name a few. Take a look at her website for wedding inspiration, The wedding tea room




None of this would have been possible without a castle: enters Le château de Dangu a massive french castle located near Cergy Pontoise. Ideal for grand weddings.



Overall my first french photo shoot was a good experience and I cannot wait to see the pictures from the photographer Emilie

I've met talented professionals, truly kind and passionate about what they do. They've all took the time and have put on so much effort and money to make this shoot a success. A big thank you to an amazing team.

In this picture: Left: Melissa, middle: Sonia, right: Emilie, top left: Fred, top right: Laeticia

No comments:

Post a Comment